Estates and Facilities is responsible for a broad range of services and facilities as outlined below, along with management of the estate and facilities of the College - further information can be found using the links on the left, as well as on the Estates Intranet pages available at http://qm-web.estates.qmul.ac.uk.
- Preparing and helping to sustain the QMUL’s working and learning environments for students, staff and guests by ensuring security, cleanliness, a nursery service and logistical support, such as portering and mail room services, and the scheduling and management of teaching rooms
- Providing a home for 2,300 QMUL students in halls of residence, encouraging a spirit of community and cooperation
- Providing catering & hospitality to support the College community in its work and social interaction, including The Nucleus, Mucci's and The Curve, and an events hospitality service
- Outside the teaching timetable and during the summer vacation, attracting external use of the QMUL's facilities by organisations and individuals
- Providing and developing professional services that enhance student well-being, enabling students to engage effectively with their academic progress and achievement, and prepare for their lives beyond Queen Mary
Director, Estates and Facilities