Welcome to the web pages of the Estates and Facilities Directorate
The Estates and Facilities Directorate is a new department which brings together some colleagues from the former Directorate of Student and Campus Services with some of those from what was formerly the Estates department. Part of our remit is to be responsible for the broad range of services and facilities outlined below, along with management of the estate and facilities of the College - further information can be found using the links on the left, as well as on the Estates Intranet pages available at http://qm-web.estates.qmul.ac.uk.
- Preparing and helping to sustain the College’s working and learning environments for students, staff and guests by ensuring security, cleanliness, a nursery service and logistical support, such as portering and mail room services, and the scheduling and management of teaching rooms
- Providing a home for 2,300 Queen Mary students in halls of residence, encouraging a spirit of community and cooperation
- Providing catering & hospitality to support the College community in its work and social interaction, including The Nucleus, Mucci's and The Curve, and an events hospitality service
- Outside the teaching timetable and during the summer vacation, attracting external use of the College's facilities by organisations and individuals
- Providing and developing professional services that enhance student well-being, enabling students to engage effectively with their academic progress and achievement, and prepare for their lives beyond Queen Mary
Director, Estates and Facilities